Applebee’s Screws Up, Toddler Gets Drunk
Sometimes there are odd news stories that make you really, really happy. This is definitely one of them:
Last week, Taylor Dill-Reese and her Detroit-area family went out to dinner at Applebee’s just like any other unsuspecting suburban family would on a Friday night. However, she got an unexpected surprise after ordering a drink for her one-year-old son, Dominick. She thought he was given apple juice like she requested. Only after he began to lay his head down on the high chair and start laughing did she suspect something was wrong.
It turns out Dominick was not given apple juice, but a margarita instead. Little Dominick was preparing for future college spring break trips to Cancun 17 years early.
Dominick did not get sick from his early encounter with everyone’s favorite Tequila beverage. Instead, he smiled throughout his dinner and hailed strangers as they passed his family’s table.
OK, technically this is a “waiter fail” instead of a “parent fail,” but this was just too good of a story to let pass.
Unfortunately, Applebee’s has put out a statement saying they will begin initiating re-training sessions for their staff nation-wide immediately to prevent this mistake from happening again. So if you were planning on trying to get lucky at Applebee’s next time, you’re shit out of luck.